Sunday 8 July 2012

Isamaya is on her way to a family wedding in London. She has arranged to meet Mike and Angela there.  They are coming from Cambridge. Mike calls her in a panic.

Isamaya: Hello?
Mike: Wiz, where are you?
Isamaya: On my way to the wedding.
Mike: Wiz, we are having horrendous problems. We broke down on the M11 which had severe delays - pretty much backlogged traffic, total chaos, and we have had to come back to Cambridge and are now at the station waiting for the train-
Isamaya: Okay.
Mike: I'm absolutely desperate here, Rhoda is struggling because she is so fat, so I have had to put her in my rucksack, I've got Mum on the other side battling with our suitcases, we are desperately trying to get onto the platform!!
Isamaya: Okay, what do you want me to do?
Mike: Have you spoken to Aethan?
Isamaya: No?
Mike: He's got his phone switched off - I think it's so that we can't call him.
Isamaya: He probably just has no signal.
Mike: Do you know when he's going back to Birmingham?
Isamaya: No?
Mike: Well has he told you anything?
Isamaya: No, sorry - look I don't know what you want me to do.. shall I call him?
Mike: (sounds annoyed) No don't bother. 
Isamaya: Look sorry Dad, I don't know what I can do to help you.. I'm in London.
Mike: Oh. Well thanks very much Wiz. I suppose we will be seeing you later then.
Isamaya: Ok? Bye then.
Mike: Bye.



No comments: